- Their time—maybe the most important of the list.
- A wedding gift—even if it's small, it's something they gave up for you.
- Transportation costs—plane, train, automobile rental, you name it.
- Accomodations—unless your entire guest list is from one area, someone is going to have to pony up for a place to stay.
- New clothes, haircut, etc.—sure, this is optional, but if they are representing you, you'd want them looking their finest!
However, I was interested and a little shocked to find these responses to "Dear Abby." I don't think having your guests pay for their own drinks allows you to wash your hands of the matter and feel that you are not responsible for what happens to them. You're still providing the alcohol.